This Indian dish is made during the advent of the new year. It is the stufing of roasted sesame seeds in soft kneaded dough. This dish is supposed to be very rich in vitamin b and other essential fatty acids.
- Cleaned white sesame (til) seeds – 2 cups
- Grated jaggery (gud) – 2 cups
- Powder of cardamoms (elaychi) – 1.5 teaspoons
- Nutmeg (jayphal) powder – half teaspoon
- Flour (maida) – 1.5 cups
- Oil – as per requirement for shallow frying
- Carefully knead the dough after adding salt and oil to the flour.
- Take care that it remain soft by covering it with a moist cloth.
- Slowly roast the sesame seeds so that they become golden brown. Do not over roast them.
- After cooling them, add on jaggery and pound them well.
- Now mix the nutmeg and cardamoms thoroughly.
- Take this dough and make small perfectly round balls.
- Make sizeable holes in the balls to fill sesame seed mixture.
- Now cover the holes by taing the sides up.
- Apply little oil on the rolling board and gradually press them to make round shape disks.
- Fry them on medium flame till they become crispy, crunchy and golden brown.