Ven pongal is spicy version of pongal, the popular dish from South Indian cuisine. Prepared with rice, milk, green gram dal as main ingredients Ven Pongal is an ideal breakfast. Easy to cook and ready to serve, the recipe of Ven pongal is here
- 1 cup: Raw rice
- ½ cup: Milk
- 1/3 cup: Green gram dal
- 11/2 tsp: Black pepper
- 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- 1 tbs: Broken cashew nuts
- 1 tbs: Finely cut ginger (optional)
- A few: Curry leaves
- 2 tbs: Ghee
- 5 cup: Water
- Salt to taste
- Wash rice and dal and cook them together in five cups of water for 10 minutes.
- Add salt, curry leaves and ginger with half a cup of milk. Simmer for a minute and remove from fire.
- Fry cashew nuts, pepper and cumin seeds in ghee.
- Pour this over the rice-dal mixture.
- Mix well and serve steaming hot with ghee on top.