- - 12 pieces : Chicken
- - 40 gms. : Ginger paste
- - 40 gms. : Garlic paste
- - 3 tbsps : Lemon juice
- - 1 tsp : White pepper powder
- - 100 gms : Gram Flour
- - ½ Cup : Bread crumbs
- - 2 tbsp : Ginger
- - 2 tbsps : Coriander
- - 1/3 tsp : Green cardamom powder
- - 2 tsps : Groundnut oil
- - 4 tbsps : Butter
- - Salt As required
For the Batter
- - 3 : Eggs
- - 1 tsp : Black cumin seeds
- - 1 tsp : Saffron
- - Skin the chicken, debone and cut each breast into 2 pieces.
- - Mix ginger and garlic paste, lemon juice with white pepper powder and rub into the chicken pieces and keep aside for an hour.
- - Clean and chop the ginger and coriander.
- - Heat butter and groundnut oil in a kadhai, add gramflour and saute until golden brown colour.
- - Remove about 4 tsps., keep aside and to the remaining mixture add Breadcrumbs, chopped ginger, coriander and chicken pieces.
- - Saute for 3-4 minutes.
- - For the batter separate the egg yolks, discard the whites, transfer to bowl, add cumin, saffron and the 4 tsps. of gramflour mixture and whisk all these ingredients.
- - Skewer 6 chicken pieces together, leave a gap of 2 inches and then skewer the next lot.
- - Then coat each set with the prepared batter.
- - Roast in a pre-heated oven for 8-10 minutes/tandoor for 5-6 mins.
- - Remove and serve hot sprinkled with cardamom powder.