Kusli is a special preparation of the people of Madhya Pradesh and Chattisgarh. It is prepared with maida (white flour), ghee and sooji (semolina). It is too yummy. This sweet dish is fast and easy to cook. Try to prepare it yourself and you will love the taste. The ingredients and method of preparation is given below.
- Maida (white flour): 1 cup
- Ghee: 2 tbsp
- Sooji (semolina): ½ large cup
- Powdered sugar: 1 large cup
- Badam (almonds, ground): ½ large cup
- Khismish (raisins): ½ large cup
- Dried coconut, grated: 3 tbsp
- Elaichi powder: ½ tsp
- Ghee: 3-4 tbsp
Also learn the recipe of making Khoya Gujia
- First make a stiffish dough with flour, ghee and water. Roll out it into smaller circles. Keep it aside.
- Fry sooji in ghee and add raisins, elaichi powder and badam to it. Let it cool.
- Next, take a small quantity of the stuffing, approximately three tea spoon, in the centre of each circles. Fold it in half and edge it with fork.
- Fry it deep at average flame and heat it till it turns pink and not red.
- Serve this sweet dish hot.