Besan ka Cheela
- - 1 cup: Besan
- - 1/2 cup: Methi leaves-finely chopped
- - Green chillies-finely chopped to taste
- - 1 tsp: Ajwain
- - 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- - 2 tsp: Salt or to taste
- - 4 tsp: Oil for frying the cheelas
- - 1 cup: Water
- - Mix all the ingredients, except oil, to a thick pouring consistency, adding the water a little at a time. Leave to rest for 15-20 minutes.
- - Heat a tbsp or so of oil in a frying pan, then pour it off into a container.
- - Keeping the heat high, pour some batter in the center of the pan, spreading it out a little.
- - Lower the heat and let cook till the edges brown a little and can be lifted easily.
- - Dribble a little oil around it, turning the pan so the oil goes under the cheela. Flip it over to cook slightly on the other side and before serving it hot with a green chutney.