- - 1 cup cooked Basmati Rice
- - 2 cups Milk
- - 1 cup grated fresh Carrot
- - 1 Onion
- - 2 Green chilies
- - 1/2 cup Boiled peas
- - 1 tbsp Urad daal
- - 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- - 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- - 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- - 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- - 4 tsp Lemon juice
- - Coriander leaves
- - Oil
- - Salt to taste
- - Heat one tbsp oil in a shallow pan and add mustard seeds.
- - After spluttering of seeds, add urad daal and cashew nuts.
- - Fry the onions to golden color.
- - Add salt, turmeric and red chili powder and fry it for a minute.
- - Mix in the grated carrots and sprinkle little water.
- - Cover the pan and heat on a low flame till the carrots are done.
- - Add boiled peas to the pan.
- - Mix in the rice and add lemon juice.
- - Finely cut coriander leaves and garnish the recipe.
- - Carrot Rice is ready to be served.