Rice is the staple food of Inida. Numerous varieties of rice are available in India, varying from state to state. From Pulao to Biryanis, there are astounding flavors of rice prepared in Inida. Here is a recipe to prepare Carrot Rice at home.
- 1 cup cooked Basmati Rice
- 2 cups Milk
- 1 cup grated fresh Carrot
- 1 Onion
- 2 Green chilies
- 1/2 cup Boiled peas
- 1 tbsp Urad daal
- 1 tbsp Cashew nuts
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp Red chili powder
- 4 tsp Lemon juice
- Coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- Heat one tbsp oil in a shallow pan and add mustard seeds.
- After spluttering of seeds, add urad daal and cashew nuts.
- Fry the onions to golden color.
- Add salt, turmeric and red chili powder and fry it for a minute.
- Mix in the grated carrots and sprinkle little water.
- Cover the pan and heat on a low flame till the carrots are done.
- Add boiled peas to the pan.
- Mix in the rice and add lemon juice.
- Finely cut coriander leaves and garnish the recipe.
- Carrot Rice is ready to be served.