Chana Daal ki Kachree
- - 2 cups: Chana daal (soaked in water for 3-4 hours or overnight)
- - 1 : Medium size onion (chopped finely)
- - 1 inch: Ginger (chopped finely)
- - 7 flakes: Garlic (chopped finely)
- - 3-4: Green chilly (chopped finely)
- - 1 bunch: Dhania patta (chopped finely)
- - Oil for deep frying
- - Salt
- - 1 tsp: Red chilly powder
- - 1 tsp: Dhania powder
- - 1 tsp: Jeera powder
- - 1 tsp: Haldi
- - Wash the soaked daal and grind it into a coarse (very important) paste using little water.
- - Mix all the ingredients listed above, except oil, to the dal paste.
- - Make small unevenly round spheres of the daal paste and deep fry it in oil.
- - Serve with tamarind chutney or rice-daal, or put it in gravy of aalu ki subzi to make aalu kachree ka jhor !