- - 1 cup: Channa Dal
- - 4 Cups: Water
- - 2: Green Chllies chopped
- - 1 tea spoon: Desi Ghee
- - ½ tsp: Jeera
- - Salt, haldi powder As per taste
- Put dal along with water, salt, haldi powder in a cooker and close the lid.
- After one whistle, reduce the heat and cook for another 5 min. For the tadka, heat desi ghee and add jeera. After the splitting sound, add green chillies. Mix it in boiled dal and on a low flame let the dal simmer till it mixes properly. Garnish with green coriander.
- - Wash the soaked daal and grind it into a coarse (very important) paste using little water.
- - Mix all the ingredients listed above, except oil, to the dal paste.
- - Make small unevenly round spheres of the daal paste and deep fry it in oil.
- - Serve with tamarind chutney or rice-daal, or put it in gravy of aalu ki subzi to make aalu kachree ka jhor !