Dal and Eggs
- 100 gm: Moong dal
- 100 gm: Masoor dal
- 100 gm: Afar dal
- 2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 4 Hard-boiled eggs, pierced with a fork
- 1/4 cup : onion paste
- 2 -3: Green chillies
- 4 flakes: Garlic, ground
- ½ cup: Mustard oil
- Paste of one tomato
- Salt to taste
- Boil the three dals together with salt and turmeric powder.
- Heat the oil in a shallow pan, fry the onions and tomato paste.
- Add the whole eggs into it and fry further till the onion paste turns brown.
- Add half cup water and cover the pan, allowing it to simmer for 10 minutes.
- Pour the eggs with the onion tomato sauce into the cooked dal, stir well.
- Boil once before serving hot with rice.