Doodh Pak (Sweet Dish of Gujarat)
Ingredients (Serves 8)
- - 4 bottles: Milk
- - 4 tbsp: Basmati or any fine rice
- - 11/2 cups: Sugar
- - 8 pieces: Cardamoms
- - 6 pieces: Almonds (blanched and sliced; optional)
- - 1 tsp: Charoli
- - Simmer the milk in a large vessel for 10 minutes.
- - Wash rice.
- - Add it to the simmering milk, and keep stirring.
- - When the rice becomes soft and the milk thickens and becomes creamy, add sugar.
- - Stir for 10 minutes more. Remove from fire.
- - Powder cardamoms.
- - Pour the doodh pak into a serving bowl, and garnish with cardamoms, charoli and almonds.
- - Serve hot or cold.