Gajar Ka Halwa
Ingredients (Serves: 2)
- - 1 kg Carrots
- - 1 liter Milk
- - 1 teaspoon Cardamom Seeds
- - 3/4 cup Water
- - 3 tablespoons Ghee
- - 2 tablespoons Raisins
- - 2 tablespoons Almonds
- - 2 tablespoons Pistachios
- - 450 grams Sugar
- - 200 gms Khoya
- - Take a sauce pan and add 1/2 litre Milk to boil.
- - Reduce the heat and continue cooking at simmer flame. Keep stirring so that milk does not stick to the base of the pan.
- - Stir more vigorously as milk gets thicker. The khoya is cooked when the milk is reduced to a thick, dry lump and it has stopped sizzling.
- - Remove from the pan and leave it to cool.
Gajar Ka Halwa Using Khoya
- - Wash and grate the carrots.
- - Soak the raisins in water for 30 minutes.
- - Blanch and shred the nuts.
- - Boil the water, when it starts boiling add the grated carrots.
- - Cook for 5-7 minutes and then add the milk.
- - Cook on a low flame for 1 hour stirring occasionally.
- - Add sugar, mix well and cook till the sugar has dissolved and all the milk has been absorbed.
- - Add ghee and simmer for 2-3 minutes.
- - Add khoya to it and mix well.
- - Add the slightly crushed cardamoms and the raisins and mix well.
- - Take gajar ka halwa from heat and arrange in a serving dish.
- - Garnish with almonds and pistachios.
Gajar Ka Halwa Using Milk
- - Wash the carrots and grate them.
- - Boil 1 litre of milk in a pan and soak the raisins in it.
- - When the milk starts boiling add the grated carrots in it and cook on high flame for 5-7 minutes.
- - Simmer the flame and cook for at least 1 hour until all the milk gets soaked up.
- - Add sugar to it and mix will along with continuous steer on low flame. Stir well until sugar dissolves completely.
- - Add ghee and mix well. Now garnish with almonds and pistachios.
- - Serve hot for relishing taste.