- - 1 tablespoon: Black & White Peppercorns
- - teaspoon: Cloves
- - 1.5 teaspoons : Black Cumin (Shahi Jeera)
- - 1 tablespoon: Cumin Seeds
- - teaspoon: Cinnamon
- - teaspoon: Black Cardamom
- - 1.5 teaspoon: Dru Ginger
- - teaspoon: Crushed Bay Leaves
- - 4 tablespoons: Coriander Seeds
- - Heat a heavy skillet on a medium flame and gently roast all ingredients except cardamom and dry ginger, till they turn a few shades darker.
- - Stir occasionally and roast well.
- - Turn of the flame and allow them to cool.
- - Remove the cardamom seeds from their skins and mix them back with all the other roasted spices.
- - Grind them all together, to a fine powder in a coffee grinder.
- - Store in an air-tight container in a cool, dark place.