Handvo (Lentil Cake)
- - 1 pc: Medium bottle gourd
- - 1 tsp: Urad dal
- - 1 tsp: Channa dal
- - 3 tbsp: Coriander chopped
- - 3-4 no: Green chillies finely chopped
- - 3 cup: Buttermilk
- - 3 tsp: Soda bi-carb
- - 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 1 tsp: Mustard seeds
- - 4-5 tbsp: Oil
- - Salt to taste
- - For Grinding Together
- - 1 cup: Yellow moong dal
- - 1 cup: Rice
- - Take butter milk in a large vessel.
- - Add salt, soda and flour, mix well. Keep aside for 6-7 hours.
- - Grate bottle gourd and squeeze out excess water.
- - Add gourd, coriander and green chillies.
- - Heat oil in a pan, add urad and channa dals and seeds.
- - Allow to splutter, pour half in the batter, mix thoroughly.
- - Put in a greased oven proof deep container.
- - Pour remaining seasoning on top.
- - Place in a preheated oven at 280 °C for 10 minutes.
- - Reduce to 200 °C or 180°C for 40 minutes or till done.
- - Check by inserting a skewer, which should come out clean.
- - Slice into wedges and serve hot.