- - ½ cup: white flour or maida
- - 2 tbsp: Yoghurt or dahi
- - ½ tsp: Yeast
- - ½ cup: Sugar
- - 1 cup: Water
- - A few strands of saffron
- - Oil for frying
- - A pinch of salt
- - A little oil
- - Make a batter of the dahi, maida, saffron and yeast with a little oil. Let it rise for several hours.
- - In a saucepan, boil sugar and water till you have a thick two-strand chasni. Keep it warm on the stove.
- - Fill the batter into a squeeze bottle (like that used for ketchup). Squeeze shapes into the hot oil and drain quickly.
- - Dip in chasni for 1-2 minutes and drain.