Jeera Rice can be made in two ways - by total absorption of water by the rice or by draining the water from it. The latter gets rid of all the starch and is therefore preferred for obvious reasons. Boiled rice give this delicious veriety. Here is a reciepe to prepare Jeera Rice
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
- 1 cup Basmati Rice
- 2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1 sliced Onions
- 2 tbsp Cashewnuts
- 3 Whole Peppercorns
- 2 Bay Leafs
- 3 Cloves
- 2 Cinnamon Sticks
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- Salt To Taste
- Wash the rice and drench in water for half an hour.
- Heat ghee in a heavy Saucepan, add cashewnuts. Fry until brown. Take them out and keep aside.
- Add onions , bayleafs, cloves, cinnamon sticks, cumin seeds, peppercorns to the same ghee and fry for a while.
- Add the rice , salt, water and stir. Cover it and simmer the flame.
- Keep cooking until the rice is done
- jeera rice are ready.
- Garnish with corainder leaves
- Serve hot with any spicy curry or raita.