- - 2 bunches: Spinach(Palak ka saag)
- - 1/2 bunch: Fenugreek leaves ( Methi) optional
- - 4-5: Green chillies
- - 4-5 cloves: Garlic
- - 3 cm piece: Ginger
- - 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - A pinch: Asafoetida
- - 1/2 tsp: Dry coriander powder
- - 1/4 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1 tbsp: Rice powder or rice paste
- - 2tbsp: Curd (optional)
- - 1-2 cup: Water
- - 2 tsp or to taste: Salt
- - 2 tbsp: Oil ( preferably mustard oil)
- - First wash the palak and methi properly with water, then chop it and boil along with green chillies in water (less quantity) till tender.
- - Next mash it into a paste with the help of a blender.
- - Chop ginger and garlic. Keep it aside. Take oil and heat it in a pan.
- - Add the chopped garlic and ginger in this oil till it turns light brown. Then add cumin seeds and asafoetida.
- - Add to it the mashed vegetables along with turmeric powder, dry coriander powder and salt according to the taste.
- - Add water to the kafuli accordingly and bring it to boil and then add the rice paste or the rice powder dissolved in water.
- - Cook it covered for approximately 10 minutes on low flame till the gravy thickens up. You can also add water to boil if it is dry.
- - Garnish the preparation with pure ghee. Serve hot with either roti or steamed rice.