- - 500 gms Milk Solids
- - 100 gms Cottage Cheese
- - 3 tbsp Refined Flour
- - 1/4 tsp Soda Bi-carbonate
- - 3 cup Sugar
- - 11/2 cup Water
- - 2 tbsp Castor Sugar
- - Ghee for Frying
- - Grate paneer and khoya.
- - Sieve flour with soda bicarbonate.
- - Mix these ingredients and make a soft dough with proper kneading.
- - Use 1 1/2 cups of water and sugar to make sugar syrup and keep it aside.
- - Divide the dough into equal parts and make round balls.
- - Heat ghee in a kadai and spread caster sugar on a tray.
- - Roll the dough balls on the caster sugar and deep fry on medium heat. Be sure to heat on the medium flame.
- - Temperature should not be very high or else the kala jamuns will remain uncooked from inside.
- - Drain when evenly cooked and dark brown in color and transfer to the sugar syrup.
- - Soak them for 15 minutes.
- - Kala Jamuns are ready to smack your lips.