Kashmiri Dum Aloo
- 500 gm : Potatoes (small)
- 1½ cup : Yogurt (Dahi)
- ½ tbsp : Gramflour (Besan)
- 4 no : Green cardamom (Chhoti Elaichi)
- ½ tsp : Dry ginger powder (Soonth)
- ¾ tsp : Fennel seed powder (Saunf)
- 5 no : Cloves (Laung)
- 2 no : Cinnamon sticks chutney (Daalchini)
- 1 ½ tsp : Chilli Powder
- Sarson (mustard) oil for frying
- Grind together - bari elaichi, laung and daalchini. Put aside until further use.
- Boil potatoes until half cooked. Peel while still warm. Pierce each potato 2-3 time with thin wooden toothpick.
- Heat oil in a kadhai, fry potatoes on medium heat until floating on top and golden brown in color. Drain excess oil and keep aside.
- To the dahi, add salt, besan and 1 cup water. Whisk well, until smooth and lump-free.
- Reheat 4tbsp of the same oil in another pan. Add red chillies and chhoti elaichi and fry for a minute. Remove from flame, allow to cool slightly and then pour into the dahi, stirred continuously. Return to flame and bring to a boil, again stirring continuously. Add potatoes along with soonth, saunf and ground masala. Cook over medium heat for 5-10 minutes or until the curry thickens.
- Serve hot accompanied by boiled rice.