Rice Kheer is one of the most popular desserts in India. It's prepared in almost every Indian home round the year. The classic dessert is traditionally prepared with rice, sugar and milk. Take a look at this simple and delectable of Kheer.
- 2 tbsp blanched silvered Almonds
- 2-3 crushed Cardamom Seeds
- 1/4th cup washed and drained Long Grain Rice
- 4-5 cups Milk
- 1 tbsp chopped skinned Pistachio Nuts
- Pinch of hot milk soaked Saffron Threads
- 2-3 tbsp Sugar or to Taste
- 1 tbsp Raisins (optional)
- Take a pan and add rice, milk and cardamom seeds in it.
- Boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up.
- Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins to it.
- Simmer for 3-4 minutes and add sugar to it.
- Stir it continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- Remove the pan from heat.
- Transfer it in a bowl.
- Hot Rice Kheer is ready to be served.
- If you wish to serve it chilled, put the bowl in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Chilled Rice Kheer is ready to be served.