- - 2 tbsp blanched silvered Almonds
- - 2-3 crushed Cardamom Seeds
- - 1/4th cup washed and drained Long Grain Rice
- - 4-5 cups Milk
- - 1 tbsp chopped skinned Pistachio Nuts
- - Pinch of hot milk soaked Saffron Threads
- - 2-3 tbsp Sugar or to Taste
- - 1 tbsp Raisins (optional)
For the Koftas:
- - Take a pan and add rice, milk and cardamom seeds in it.
- - Boil and simmer gently until the rice is soft and the grains are starting to break up.
- - Add almonds, pistachio, saffron and raisins to it.
- - Simmer for 3-4 minutes and add sugar to it.
- - Stir it continuously until the sugar is completely dissolved.
- - Remove the pan from heat.
- - Transfer it in a bowl.
- - Hot Rice Kheer is ready to be served.
- - If you wish to serve it chilled, put the bowl in refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- - Chilled Rice Kheer is ready to be served.