Kulath ki Dal
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- - 300 gm: Mandua Kulath (A special type of cereal available only in
Garhwal and Kumaon Region. Alternative: Beans)
- - 50 gm: Rice Paste
- - 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1 tsp: Coriander powder
- - 4-5 flakes: Garlic
- - 1 tsp: Red Chilly powder
- - 50 gm: Butter
- - 20 gm: Ginger
- - A pinch: Asoefetida
- - 1/2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - Gandhreni small piece
- - Soak the dal in water for 1/2 hour.
- - Chop ginger and garlic.
- - Boil the dal in water double the amount of dal.
- - Add ginger, garlic, turmeric, coriander and half of the chilly powder
and salt. When done, add rice paste and cook for some time.
- - Before removing the dish from the burner, add cumin seeds,
- - Asofetida, gandhreni and rest of the chilly powder.
- - Garnish the dal with either little boiled rice or with lots of butter
and coriander leaves.