- - 1 cup: Broken wheat (Dalia)
- - 3/4 cup: Sugar
- - 2 tablespoon: Almonds
- - 16-18: Raisins
- - 1 teaspoon: Cardamom powder
- - 3/4 cup: Ghee
- - 2 1/2 cup: Hot water
- - Soak the raisins in 1/2 cup water and keep aside.
- - Heat ghee in a heavy bottomed pan, add the broken wheat. Saute on a high flame till it turns pinkish brown.
- - Add hot water, partly cover and cook on a medium flame till most of the water has evaporated. Add more water if the wheat is not tender enough.
- - Once all the water has evaporated, add the sugar, ghee and 1/2 cup water. Stir. Place a griddle or tava below the pan and cook on a low flame for 8-10 minutes.
- - The lapsi is ready when the ghee starts oozing out from the sides of the pan.
- - Serve hot garnished with blanched almonds and pistachios.