- 2 cups: White flour
- 1 cup: Sugar
- 4 tbsp: Ghee
- 2 cups: Water
- Nutmeg powder
- Elaichi powder
- Dry coconut, grated
- Almonds or cashews or pistas, chopped
- Oil for frying
- In a saucepan, boil sugar with water till you have a two-string sugar syrup. Keep warm on the stove.
- Make a hard dough with ghee and water. Roll the dough in circles.
- Fold the three edges in to make a pocket and fill with a random mix of coconut, raisins and nuts and tiny pinches of nutmeg and elaichi.
- Close the fourth flap and anchor with a clove.
- Deep fry in oil on low flame.
- Dip in chasni. And drain.