Ingredients (Serves: 4)
- 2 cups Lobia (Black Eye Beans)
- 1 small chopped Onion
- 2 large chopped Cloves Garlic
- 1 (3/4-inch piece) peeled and chopped Ginger Root
- 1/2 tsp Scant Cumin Seeds
- 1 1/2 tsp Ground Coriander
- 3/4 tsp Ground Cumin
- 1/2 tsp Ground Turmeric
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 medium chopped Tomato
- Salt To Taste
- Drench Beans overnight in water in a pot.
- Next day, drain beans and bring them to boil in Fresh Water.
- Add salt, coriander, cumin and turmeric. Simmer about 30 to 45 minutes until BEANS are just tender.
- Warm oil in deep Saucepan.
- Add onion, garlic, ginger and cumin.
- Fry 10 minutes and add tomato.
- Cook another 5 minutes and add lobhia (black eyed beans) along with Cooking liquid.
- Continue to simmer, uncovered, until lobhia are soft but not completely dissolved.
- Mixture should be soupy.
- Lobhia are ready to serve.