Punjabi food is probably the most popular and in-demand not only in any Indian restaurant - but the world at large. Made with equal amounts of whole Urad and Rajmah and finished in a buttery and creamy sauce, enjoy the recipe of Maharani Dal.
Ingredients (Serves: 4)
- 1/4 cup Rajma
- 1/4 cup Chana dal
- 1/4 cup Whole Urad dal
- 1 chopped Onion
- 2 chopped Tomatoes
- 1/2 inch Grated Ginger
- 1 tsp Red Chilli powder
- 1 Pinch Turmeric Powder
- Corainder leaves
- 1 tbsp Handful Butter
- 1/4 cup Cream
- 1/4 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/4 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- Salt To taste
- Drench urad daal, rajma and chana dal overnight.
- Pressure cook the urad daal, rajma and chana dal.
- Mash them a little and keep aside.
- In a pan,heat some butter and add mustard seeds along with cumin seeds and fry until they splutter.
- Add GINGER and chillies.
- Fry for few minutes and add chopped onions and tomatoes. Cook until done.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, turmeric powder and stir well.
- Add the mashed daals and boil for few minutes.
- Add cream, corainder leaves and mix well.
- Maharani Dal is ready to be served