Ingredients (Serves 4 to 6)
- - 1 1/2 cup: Maida (plain flour)
- - 1/2 cup: Jaggery
- - 1 cup: Water
- - 1/4 tsp: Cardamom powder
- - 1 tbsp: Ghee
- - Ghee to deep fry
- - Heat the water and jaggery till all of it dissolves in the water.
- - Strain and cool a bit.
- - Mix the cardamom powder and ghee in the flour.
- - Knead the flour with the jaggery water.
- - The dough should be stiff but pliable.
- - Break into approx. 20 parts.
- - Knead each with palm and roll into 4" rounds.
- - Make many tiny slits with knife or fork on each on both sides.
- - Keep them aside on a clean cloth for an hour or so to dry a bit.
- - Deep fry in hot ghee on low flame till light golden in colour.
- - Drain and cool for a while.
- - The khajas will become crisper and harder as they cool.
- - Store in airtight container after cooling completely.