Moong Dal Ka Halwa
- - 1 1/2 cup: Moong dal (Soaked)
- - 1 1/2 litre: Milk
- - 1 cup: Sugar
- - 3/4 cup: Mawa (well crumpled)
- - 1/2 tsp: Saffron soaked in a little milk
- - 5-6: Cardamoms (powdered)
- - 6 tbsp: Ghee
- - Grind moong dal coarsley.
- - Heat ghee in a thick bottomed dekchi and fry the dal till golden.
- - Add milk and cook till the milk has been absorbed.
- - Add mawa and cook on a low fire, stirring continuously till the dal and the mawa are well blended. Remove from the fire and keep aside.
- - Make sugar syrup of one thread consistency, add saffron and cardamom powder to it.
- - Add the fried dal to the syrup and stir quickly till it mixes well.
- - If you want you can add thin silvers of blanched almonds.