Moong Masoor ki Daal
- - ½ cup; with out skin: Moong dal
- - ½ cup; with out skin: Maasur dal
- - 1 chopped: Onion
- - 1 chopped: Tomato
- - 2-3: Green chilies
- - 5-6 cloves: Garlic
- - ½ inch: Ginger
- - 2 tbsp: Green coriander
- - Salt as per taste
- - ½ tsp: Haldi powder
- - ½ tsp: Jeera
- - Heat pure ghee in a pressure cooker, put jeera in it and after the splitting sound add onions.
- - Saute it till it is light brown in colour.
- - Add tomato and cook for another 2 min.
- - Add washed dal and 3 ½ cup of water, haldi and salt acc to taste.
- - Close the lid of the cooker and bring it to a boil, after the whistle; remove from fire.
- - Open the lid after 5 min and add green chili, garlic and ginger paste to the dal.
- - Close the lid of the cooker again.
- - After 4-5 min open the lid and garnish the dal with fresh coriander leaves.
- - Serve hot with roti or rice.