- - 4 cups White Flour (Maida)
- - 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- - 1 tsp Nigella seeds (Kalunji)
- - 1/2 cup Milk
- - 1 tbsp Sugar
- - 4 tbsp Oil
- - 1 Egg
- - 1 tsp Salt
- - Take a bowl and add flour, salt and baking powder into it. Sift the flour and make a well in the middle.
- - Take another bowl and add sugar, milk, eggs and 2tbsp of oil to it.
- - Pour this mixture into the center of the flour and knead it nicely to make a soft dough. You may also add water if necessary.
- - Add the remaining oil and knead again.
- - Cover it with damp cloth and allow the dough to stand for 15 minutes.
- - Knead the dough again and cover it to leave for 2-3 hours.
- - Turn on the oven to maximum heat before half an hour when naan are required.
- - Divide the dough into 8 balls and allow rest for 3-4 minutes.
- - Sprinkle a baking sheet with nigella seeds and put it in the oven to heat while the dough is resting.
- - Give each ball of dough an oval shape with the help of your palms.
- - Bake the indian bread naan until puffed up and golden brown.
- - Hot Naan are ready to be served