- - 500 gm: Black gram dal (Urad Dal)
- - 500 gm: Rice
- - 1 medium size: Coconut (whole)
- - 500 gm: Guda (jaggery) / sugar
- - 2 teaspoonful: Salt
- - 2 inches (15gms): Ginger
- - 1 tsp: Black pepper powder
- - 2 tsp: Ghee
- - Soak black gram dal and rice for about six hours. Wash the dal and rice cleanly and grind it. The paste should be fine and thick. Add salt and mix well. Keep paste aside for 2/3 hours.
- - Grate the coconut.
- - Cut ginger into very small cub sizes.
- - Then mix coconut, jaggery/sugar, ginger and black pepper powder and mix well
- - Pre-heat oven for 10 minutes and grease it with ghee.
- - Pour the paste into the tray and keep it in the oven. Keep the oven very hot for 30 minutes. Then keep it moderately hot for 30 minutes. It should be checked with a needle and when its colour is golden brown the Poda Pitha is ready to eat.
- - Then remove the whole Poda Pitha (baked cake) from the oven and allow it to cool down.
- - Cut it into small pieces and serve it with any chutney preferably with coconut chutney.