This Indin dish is a delicious concoction of rice, moong dal, jaggery and milk. It is then tempered with cashew nuts and raisins fried in ghee. It is beleived to be a perfect remedy for sore throat.
- Rice – half cup
- Moong dal – one fourth of a cup
- Jeera – half to 1 tablespoon
- Peppercorns - half to 1 tablespoon
- Fresh powdered pepper- half to 1 tablespoon
- A few Cashewnuts broken
- Dessicated Coconut – half a cup
- A pinch of Turmeric powder
- Ghee as per taste
- Fry the Moongdal a little till you get a light flavour.
- Mix the dal with the rice, add 2 -3 cups of water. The rice should cook very soft.
- Add turmeric powder, coconut, a few peppercorns and a 1-2 tsp of ghee to the rice and pressure cook till done.
- When done, take a kadai add sufficient of Ghee to it, more the ghee better it tastes, add jeera, pepper corns and cashewnuts.
- Add the cooked rice mixture, pepper powder, salt and mix well with the ghee and jeera/cashewnuts.