List of Recipes
- - 250 gm: Kabuli channa
- - 50 gm: Rajma
- - 2 tsp: Tea powder
- - 2 pieces: Clove
- - 1 piece: Cinnamon
- - 1/2 tsp: Black pepper
- - 2-3: Green chillies (or according to taste)
- - 1 piece: Ginger
- - 1/2 tsp: Eating soda
- - 3 tsp: Annardana paste
- - 1/4 tsp: Mango powder (aamchur)
- - 1 tsp: Garam Masala
- - 3 no: Potato (boiled medium sized)
- - 1/2 cup: Tomato (chopped
- - 2 tsp: Ghee
- - Salt to taste
Ingredients for Masala
- - 1-2: Bay leaf (tej patta)
- - 2 tsp: Mustard seed
- - 2 tsp: Zeera
- - 1 tsp: Fenugreek seed (methi dana)
- - 2-3: Clove
- - 1-2: Red chilli
- - In a pan, dry fry all masala ingredients. Put it in mixer, make dry masala.
- - In a big vessel pour water, add eating soda and salt. Now add kabuli channa and rajma. Soak this over night.
- - Next morning in that same water drop a small pouch (potali) containing tea leaves.
- - Cook this chana, rajma mix along with tea leaves pouch till channa and rajma becomes soft. When cooked discard the tea leaves pouch.
- - Prepare a another dry-wet paste out of cloves, cinnamon (dalchini), black pepper, two green chillies and ginger.
- - Mix this dry-wet fine paste with cooked channa and rajma. Take care that this masala is just mixed not kept in flame.
- - Take an iron kadhai (iron kadhai will give a special flavour) or a deep pan. Pour left- out water from cooked channa and rajma, now keep the pan to flame.
- - Now add that dry Masala, garam masala, annardana paste, aamchur powder, black pepper powder to that left-out water. Sim down the flame to in between low and warm.
- - Cook all ingredients till water evaporates and masala stick to the channa and rajma. This is very very important for next step.
- - In the pan itself spread the cooked chhole to corners, make a space in center of pan.
- - In a separate regular pan heat ghee till you see smoke and your smoke alarms you.
- - Pour this ghee in the (made) center space in iron deep pan, and cover it with chhole. Warm it with closed lid for a while.
- - Decorate with slices of potato, tomatoes and long cut green chilli.