Punjabi Lachha Paratha
Ingredients (Serves: 3)
- 1 cup: Atta (wheat flour)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee or oil
- Water for kneading
- Take atta in a basin. Add ghee or oil and salt to taste. Add water gradually and knead to a smooth dough.
- Divide the dough into 3 equal portions. Shape each portion a rope of 12" in length. place the rope-shaped dough on a flat surface. coat the inner side of the rope with ghee or oil. coil into a jalebi shape so that the oil-smeared surface forms the inside of every circle.
- Flatten the jalebi-shaped coil and roll out the parathas into a round,5" diameter. place it on a pre-heated tava.
- Cook for a few seconds till slightly roasted. Then turn it over and let it roast.
- Now, smear the top surface with ghee as well as the sides.
- Allow to cook for a few seconds before turning it over again.
- Repeat process of smearing ghee until the paratha is golden brown on both sides. Serve hot.