Singada Chikki (Peanut Caramels)
- 250 gm: Peanuts
- 200 gm: Sugar/jaggery
- 25 gm: Butter
- Skin, roast and coarsely crush the peanuts.
- Heat sugar with 1/2 cup of water until thick. Boil the syrup until hard crack consistency. (Test its consistency by putting a drop in cold water- it should crack after you take it out)
- Add the peanuts and mix thoroughly.
- Grease a tray and spread the mixture. Roll flat to 1 cm in thickness.
- Cut into squares when cooled and store in an airtight container.