Accomplish your dining table with the delicacy from Kashmir, Tabak Maaz . The spicy Fried lamb ribs is an excellent recipe to beat the chill during winters. Say "Bismillah" with this special Kashmiri nonveg cuisine.
Ingredients (Serves 6)
- 1 kg: Lamb ribs
- ½ cup: Milk
- 1 tsp: Dry ginger powder
- 1 tsp: Powdered aniseeds
- 1 tsp: Turmeric powder
- 1 tsp: Powdered cinnamon
- A pinch: Asafoetida powder
- 2-3: Cloves
- 250 gm: Ghee - 1tbs handi-spoonful
- Salt to taste
- Take the entire rib section and cut into rectangular pieces across the ribs. Care should be taken that the muscle covering the ribs is not removed. Each piece of the rib should be about five inches in length and two inches in width, containing about three to four pieces of rib bone in the meat.
- Take ½ litre water and ½ cup milk in a vessel. Add aniseed, ginger, turmeric, asafoetida and cinnamon powders along with cloves and salt to taste. Stir well and place rib pieces and boil on medium flame till the meat becomes tender and almost all water gets absorbed. Remove the meat pieces and set aside.
- Heat ghee and deep fry the meat pieces one by one until it turns crispy on both sides. At the time of serving, place the pan in an oven for about five minutes at a medium temperature and serve the dish hot.