Thukpa / Gya-Thuk
- - 250 gm: Meat (beef/pork/mutton/chicken), minced
- - 300 gm: Egg noodles
- - 2 large: Onion, finely chopped
- - 1 Tablespoon: Onion leaves, chopped
- - 3 flakes: Garlic, chopped
- - 4-5: Green chili, sliced
- - For soup: About 3 litres of clear bone soup - beef/ pork/ mutton/chicken stock. Add 1
- - 1 Teaspoon: Salt
- - Fry chopped onions with garlic and green chilies, then add minced meat, fry for 10 min. Add salt to taste. Then keep aside after cooking.
- - Boil 4 litre of water vigorously and drop noodles, boil for 2 min, stirring occasionally.
- - Drain the noodles through a large sieve and run cold water over them to stop them from sticking. Squeeze the water from the noodles and transfer to a serving bowl.
- - Pour hot soup into bowl with noodles.
- - Put fried meat-onion mixture and finely chopped green onion leaves on top of it.
- - Thukpa/Gya-thuk is ready to serve hot.