- - 1 large chopped Onion
- - 2 large chopped Tomatoes
- - 2-3 chopped Garlic pods
- - 2 tbsp Tamarind extract
- - 3/4 tsp Red chilli powder
- - 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- - 8-10 Curry leaves
- - Pinch of Asafoetida powder
- - Oil
- - Salt to taste
- - Take some oil in a pan and fry the chopped onions till they become translucent. If possible, use madras or pearl onions instead of large onions for good taste.
- - Add the garlic pods to the chopped onions and fry for 2-3 minutes.
- - To the fried mixturte, add some chopped tomatoes and fry till the tomatoes are cooked and mashed
- - Add salt and chilli powder and stir for 3 minutes.
- - Remove themixture from fire and allow it to cool.
- - Take the cooked mixture and grind it to a fine paste in a food processor.
- - Heat some oil in the same kadai and add the mustard seeds.
- - When the seeds splutter, add asafoetida and curry leaves .
- - After 1/2 minute, add ground paste and stir fry for 3 minutes.
- - Tomato chutney is ready to be served.