- - 2 kg: Mixed vegetables (like yam, potato, raw banana, broad beans, egg-plants, peas- cut small
- - 1/2 cup: Spring onions or green garlic-chopped fine
- - 1/2 cup: Coriander-chopped fine
- - 4-6 : Small muthias (make a dough with besan, methi, seasoning, a little ghee. Make small round flat shapes and fry)
- - 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 1 tbsp: Powdered coriander
- - 1/4 tsp: Chilli powder
- - Turmeric
- - 1 tbsp: Salt
- - 1/2 cup: Oil
- - 1/2 cup: Grated coconut
- - 1 tsp: Chopped garlic
- - 1 tsp: Chopped ginger
- - 1-2: Green chillies
- - Heat oil and add the cumin seeds. Add green onions/garlic and the ground ingredients and stir fry 2-3 times.
- - Add coriander powder, chilli powder, turmeric and the salt.
- - Stir fry till the fat separates and add the vegetables. Turn around a few times over high heat and then lower the heat and let cook till all the vegetables are tender (takes approx. 45 minutes.).
- - Add muthias and simmer for about 15 minutes more and serve hot.