Uppittu (Serves 4)
- - 1cup: Semolina (Rava)
- - ¼ cup: Sliced Potato
- - ½ cup: Sliced Onion
- - ½ tsp: Grated ginger
- - 3tbs: Grated fresh coconut
- - Chopped coriander leaves
- - 1 tsp: Sugar
- - 2 tsp: Ghee
- - Salt to taste
- - 2 tbs: Peanuts
- - 1 tsp: Mustard seeds
- - 1 tsp: Black gram (urad dal)
- - 1 tsp: Red dry chilli
- - ¼ tsp: Turmeric powder
- - A pinch: Asafoetida
- - Curry leaves few
- - 3 tbs: Oil
- - Heat a pan and slightly roast rava in a low flame. Keep aside and allow it to cool.
- - Heat 3 tbs of oil and add the seasoning ingredients except turmeric powder and asafoetida.
- - When the mustard splutter, add turmeric and asafoetida and sauté well.
- - Add the onions and fry till it soft. Then add potato fry for few minutes. Add 11/2cup of water, salt to taste and bring to boil. Cover and cook the potato.
- - When it is done, mix grated ginger and sugar. Turn heat to low flame.
- - Add roasted rava little by little. Keep stirring while adding, so that there will not be any lumps.
- - Close the lid and cook for few minutes.
- - Garnish with coriander leaves and grated coconut.
- - Sprinkle ghee over it and serve hot.