Varhadi Aloo Bhat
- - 4 no: Large potatoes, cubed
- - 1 1/2 cups: Rice, washed
- - 3/4 cup: Yoghurt
- - 5 cm: Ginger
- - 2 pieces: Cinnamon
- - 3 tsp: Coriander seeds
- - 1/4 tsp: Turmeric
- - 1/2 cup: Coriander leaves, chopped
- - 1/4 cup: Dry coconut (copra), grated
- - 5-6: Green chillies, chopped
- - Salt to taste
- - Oil for frying
- - Fry potatoes and cashewnuts separately. Reserve.
- - Grind green chillies, ginger, cinnamon, coriander seeds and turmeric.
- - Heat 2 tbsps oil and fry the ground paste. Add fried potatoes and yoghurt. Add rice and stir fry.
- - Add 3 cups water, salt and cook the rice. Add fried cashewnuts.
- - Garnish with dry grated coconut and coriander leaves, and serve hot.