- - 1 cup: Rice(basmati), soaked for ½ hour
- - 3/4 cup: Peas
- - 2 chopped: Tomatoes
- - 7-8 cloves: Garlic, crushed
- - 1 inch piece: Ginger
- - 2 finely chopped: Green chillies
- - 2 cut into long slices: Onion
- - ½ cup :Carrot
- - 1 small, cut into small cubes: Potatoes
- - ¼ cup flowerets: Cauliflower
- - 1 tsp: Jeera
- - 6-8: Black pepper whole
- - 2-4: Cloves
- - 1 piece: Dalchini
- - Soak the rice and keep it aside.
- - In a big vok, heat oil and put jeera in it.
- - After the splitting sound add other dry masala and then add the onion and cook till it is dark brown. Add tomatoes and cook till the masala leaves the oil. Now add carrot, beans, peas and salt and chilli powder. Cover and cook
After about 5-7 min add cauliflower and ginger garlic paste. Cover again and cook for another 5-7 min.
- - When the vegetables are almost done then add capsicum and paneer pieces and let it cook for 3-4 mi.
- - In the meanwhile boil soaked rice with little salt till it is 3/4th done.
- - Now layer the rice and the vegetable in a heavy bottomed vok and sprinkle fried onions and kaju on top of it. Cover the vok with alluminium foil and put it on hot tava for 20 min. Keep the gas on low.
- - Aftre 20 min, remove it and sprinkle lots of chopped mint and green coriander leaves on top of it. Cover it again for 2 mins
- - Mix properly and serve hot with raita.