- - 1 cup: Raw rice
- - ½ cup: Milk
- - 1/3 cup: Green gram dal
- - 11/2 tsp: Black pepper
- - 1 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 1 tbs: Broken cashew nuts
- - 1 tbs: Finely cut ginger (optional)
- - A few: Curry leaves
- - 2 tbs: Ghee
- - 5 cup: Water
- - Salt to taste
- - Wash rice and dal and cook them together in five cups of water for 10 minutes.
- - Add salt, curry leaves and ginger with half a cup of milk. Simmer for a minute and remove from fire.
- - Fry cashew nuts, pepper and cumin seeds in ghee.
- - Pour this over the rice-dal mixture.
- - Mix well and serve steaming hot with ghee on top.