- 3/4 cup: Toor dal (arhar Dal)
- 150 gm: Pumpkin cut into large pieces
- 2 cup: Brinjal, large and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 pcs: Banana green and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 pcs: Papaya, small and cut into medium size pieces
- 1 pcs: Potato, peeled and cut into large pieces
- 2 tsp: Coconut, grated
- 1 tsp: Pancha-phutana (Cumin, Mustard, Fennel, Fenu greek, Kala Jeera) seed
- 4-5: Red Chillies, dried
- 1 tbs: Ginger, minced
- 1 tbs: Turmeric
- 2 tsp: Cumin, fried
- 2 tsp: Red Chilli powder
- 1 tsp: Ghee or Oil
- 1/2 tsp: Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Dry roast 1 tsp of cumin and red chilli in a pan.
- Grind it properly and leave it aside.
- Boil 4 cups of water and add both dals (toor and chana), coconut, salt, minced ginger, turmeric and sugar and leave it until Dal is half cooked.
- Add all vegetables viz. potato, banana, pumpkin, brinjal and papaya and cook until vegetables become soft and tender.
- Fry the panch-phutana until it crackle and then add it to the cooked dal.
- Sprinkle roasted cumin and chilli powder.
- Decorate with grated coriander leaves (optional).
- Serve with hot steam rice.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.