- 1 kg: Mutton-boneless, cubed
- 1 kg: Cracked wheat-soaked in water for » one hour and drained
- 1 ½ cup: Yogurt
- 1 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- 1 ¼ cup: Onions-chopped fine
- 1 tsp: Green chilli paste
- 2 tsp: Green coriander paste
- ¼ cup: Lemon juice
- 3-4: Black cardamoms-seeds only 3
- ½ tsp: Cinnamon-broken and powdered
- 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- 1/2cup: Oil
- 2 tsp: Salt
- Green chillies and mint leaves for garnish
- Mix together the yogurt, lemon juice, chilli and coriander paste, cardamom and cinnamon powder, chilli powder, ginger-garlic paste and salt.
- Marinate the meat in this mixture and leave 3-4 hours. Add enough water to the wheat and cook till tender. When cool enough to handle, blend to a paste in a blender.
- Heat the oil and add the meat mixture. Turn around over high heat, till opaque.
- Add water to cover and cook, covered over low heat till tender.
- Add the wheat paste and continue to cook another 15-20 minutes.
Copyright © 2013 SurfIndia
(A premier directory of India). All Rights Reserved.