Kakara (A Sweets and Festival Specials Dish)
- 1 cup: Powdered Rice
- 2 cup: Jaggery/sugar
- 1 cup: Flour
- 1 medium size: Coconut
- 1 teaspoon: Black peeper
- Refine oil or Ghee
- Grate the coconut. Mix with black peeper and one cup jaggery and fry it for 5 minutes.
- Divide it into 20 parts.
- Take the other cup of jaggery and salt. Add 3 cup water to it. When the water comes to 2/3 boils add the rice and flour to it and cook it for 5 minutes over low flames.
- Mash the dough thus prepared nicely. Divide this dough into 20 parts.
- Inside each part put the coconut stuffing and shape it.
- Heat oil and fry the kakara.