Nahari (A Curry of Sheep's Trotters)
- 6 pcs: Trotters, cleaned and ready to cook
- 8 pcs: Marrow bones
- 2 cup: Onions-sliced fine
- 2 tbsp: Ginger-garlic paste
- Mint leaves for garnish
- 1/4 tsp: Turmeric
- 1 tbsp: Coriander powder
- 1 tsp: Chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp: Cinnamon powder
- 6-8: Cloves
- 6-8: Black cardamom, slightly crushed
- 1/4 cup: Lemon juice
- 1/2 cup: Coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 cup: Oil
- 2 tsp: Salt or to taste
- Heat oil and sauté onions till brown. Add ginger-garlic paste, turmeric and coriander powder and sauté till fat separates.
- Add cinnamon, salt, cloves and cardamoms, stir fry to mix well and add the trotters and marrow bones and 6 cups of water. Bring to a boil, then simmer, covered, over low heat for two hours or till bones and trotters are softened.
- Add the lime juice and coriander and simmer another 5 minutes or so.
- Serve hot garnished with the mint leaves.