Avial (Semi-dry, Mix Vegetable)
- - 1cup: Yam sliced thinly into 11/2" length pieces
- - 1cup: Snake gourd sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- - 1cup: Cucumber sliced lengthy into 11/2" thick pieces
- - 1/2cup: Long runner-beans sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- - 1/4cup: Carrot sliced into into 11/2" length pieces
- - 2 : Fresh Drumstick cut into 2" length pieces
- - 1 : Raw banana sliced into 11/2" length pieces
- - 1/2 tsp: Turmeric powder
- - 1/2 cup : Grated coconut
- - 5 : Green chillies
- - 1/2 tsp: Cumin seeds
- - 2 sprig: Curry leaves
- - 3 tbs: Coconut oil
- - Mango pieces for sour
- - Salt to taste
- - Coarsely grind the coconut, green chillies and cumin seeds. Keep it aside.
- - Clean the vegetables.
- - Heat 2 tbs coconut oil in a thick bottom vessel.
- - Add the vegetables and cook in a low flame. Do not add water.
- - When it is done, add turmeric powder, salt and mix it well.
- - Remove the vegetables from the middle and put sliced bananas and mango pieces and cover it with the other vegetables.
- - When steam comes out, add the coconut paste and stir well. Remove from fire.
- - Mix the remaining coconut oil and curry leaves in the avial.