There are numerous methods to prepare the most popular sweet dish of Kheer. Here is a recipe to prepare Kheer with 'Badam'. Enjoy the recipe.
- 1/2 cup Almond (Badam)
- 2 cups Milk
- 3 tbsp Sugar
- 5 Crushed Cardamoms
- Pinch of Saffron
- Boil half a liter of water in a sauce pan.
- Add the almonds when the water is boiling and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from the flame and drain.
- Remove the skin of the almonds and grind to a fine paste.
- Boil the milk in a thick bottomed pan.
- When the milk begins to boil add sugar and the almond paste.
- Cook for 5 minutes over a low flame with a continuous stir.
- Remove from the flame and add crushed cardamoms and dissolved saffron.
- Allow to cool.