Beetroot Halwa is a relishing Indian desert. It can be served as a dessert, snack or as a sweet dish with a main meal. The most comforting aspect of this dessert is that it can be used within a week. So here is an easy recipe to prepare Beetrot Halwa.
- 1 kg peeled off, washed & finely grated Beetroot
- 8 Cashew Nuts
- 2 tbsp Ghee
- 1/2 liter boiled Milk
- 8 Raisins
- 2-1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 to 3 cups of Water (sufficient to boil the beetroot)
- Take a shallow pan (kadahi) and pour water into it.
- Add grated beetroot to the pan.
- Cover the pan with a lid and simmer well until water gets evaporated.
- Now add sugar and half of the milk to the pan.
- Stir constantly until the mixture achieves a thick consistency.
- Add ghee and stir well.
- Add the remaining milk and simmer again for just 1-2 minutes on low heat.
- Take off the pan from heat.
- Transfer the halwa in a plate.
- Garnish with cashew nuts and raisins.
- Hot and delicious Beetroot Halwa is ready to be served.