- 1 full: Chicken (skinned and jointed)
- 1 1/4 cup : Tomatoes (skinned, deseeded and chopped)
- 3/4 cup: Onions (ground)
- ½ tsp: Kashmiri mirch
- 1 ½ tsp: Roasted, ground fennel seeds
- 1 tsp: Ginger powder
- 2-3: Cloves
- 2-3: Cardamoms (large)
- 2 tsp: Oil/ butter
- 350 ml: Water/ stock
- Fry the chicken in hot oil for 5 minutes to seal. Remove from pan.
- In the same oil, sauté onions until golden brown in color. Add chilli powder, fennel seeds and ginger powder. Stir well and season with salt.
- Add tomatoes to the pan. Stir in cloves and cardamoms. Cook for 5 minutes before adding water/ stock. Bring to a boil.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer over a gentle flame until tender.
- Strain the juices and serve with the chicken.