Chocolate Burfi is a very popular Indian recipe. From a number of varieties of Burfi, Chocolate Burfi is one of the most popular sweet dishes in India. Here is a recipe to prepare Chocolate Burfi.
- 3 tsp Cocoa Powder
- 3/4 cup All Purpose Flour
- 6 tsp Ghee
- 3-1/2 cups Condensed Milk
- 3/4 cup Chopped Cashew nuts
- 4-1/2 cups Sugar
- 3/4 cup Water
- Heat a heavy bottomed skillet and add ghee in it.
- Now fry maida in ghee.
- Dissolve sugar in water taken in a pot to make a sugar syrup.
- Dissolve the cocoa powder in condensed milk heated on low flame in a pan and keep it aside.
- Mix all ingredients together except cashew nuts and cocoa powder and stir continuously.
- When the mixture becomes thick, add cashew nuts and mix properly.
- Pour 3/4 portion of it into a greased plate when froth appears in the mixture.
- Now mix the dissolved cocoa powder with the rest of mixture .
- Spread this as a top layer on the mixture spread on the greased plate.
- Allow it to cool and cut into squares.
- Chocolate Burfi is ready to be sered.